Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Even though I try really hard and sincere to be indie, I do have a couple of guilty pleasures I should probably let go. I just keep putting it off. I figured that I might as well share it with everyone.
My first guilty pleasure would be Snow Patrol. Let’s face it, they aren’t really cool. Some of the songs are so simple that I’m even able to play them on my guitar which says a lot, I guess. The lyrics are also a bit cheesy, I’ll admit. The funny thing is that I normally despise anything cheesy. I do everything in my power to avoid sentimental situations where there’s a chance that I’ll have to say something, you know, nice to someone. I think it’s that gorgeous voice of his. Gary Lightbody, you know. That deep softness makes my body melt every single time. It also makes me shout out my lungs each time. On top of that, is it just me or is he kind of hot? I know he’s kind of old and stuff. And maybe no Brad Pitt, but he has something, right?



Another guilty pleasure of mine is that I literally have an obsession with Muse. I know that Muse aren’t really a guilty pleasure but the thing is that I kind of have every single song they’ve ever made. They are probably the band that takes up most space in my iTunes. My friends are also quite impressed/scared when the snoop around in my impeccable music library. But I feel like Muse and I could be really good friends if I ever found a way to break in backstage when they’ve performed. Besides, they were the first band I literally became obsessed with. Don’t we all remember our first obsession? The way I learned of their music is probably the most embarrassing thing. I’m not going to tell you every detail but it has something to do with a certain teen movie. Alright, I’ll say it. It’s Twilight. But doesn’t the fact that I learned about them from a friend who learned about them from Twilight makes it just slightly less embarrassing? Anyway, that’s what I tell myself.



The last guilty pleasure I’ll tell you about is called Me My Head. Actually this isn’t some embarrassing mainstream thing. At least I don’t think so. The reason I categorize this as guilty pleasure is the lyrics. I find them a bit teenageish and even though I still am a teenager I constantly try to trick everyone into thinking that I’m older.



That’s pretty much the guilty pleasures that I’ll own up to having. For instance, I would never admit that I have the new Twilight soundtrack. I’m way too cool to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment