Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Indie Proof

Just the other day one of my friends decided that she needed to update her music library. She is probably the only one who actually listens with at least some attention when I get started about the new bands I find. Other friends have responded with equal hate towards the music I listen to just because I hate their music. I don’t get it. Well, back to the story. Since sharing music files is illegal I of course didn’t know anything of her dirty plans with her little innocent looking USB when she showed up. She even brought some candy and Coca Cola – which is a major weakness of mine. Put a Coca Cola in front of me and I’ll probably do almost anything. But not if it’s illegal of course, so don’t think I in any way gave her the music for free. Here’s how it went down…

Pretty soon after she arrived smiling and deceiving and I welcomed her into my home, or my parents’ home if you must, she placed the bait in my room where I was stupid enough to leave the key in the keyhole. As I foolishly stared at the bait while drooling she pulled a robe from her bag and attacked me while I was at my weakest. In a matter of seconds she had tied me up and blindfolded me. Because it happened this fast, I had no time to react and defend myself. Alright, it may have been more than a couple seconds. Minutes maybe. Or half an hour. But the point is that I was betrayed and placed too far away from the bait to actually reach it while tied up. She then took my laptop and locked the door behind me. There I was, while she filled her filthy little USB with all the cool indie music I had spend so much time collecting. When she was done, she had collected 700 tracks. What do I know; she probably took it all and won’t own up to it.

Almost forgot the point of this story. I read on Urban Dictionary that you can only learn how to be indie from someone cooler than yourself. I find this story an actual proof that I’m her cool indie friend. I should probably have called the police or something but the truth is that she is my only hope of not going to concerts by myself. Anyway, I’ll let this one slip.



Menomena are my future favorite band. Do I actually have to know their music in order to call them that?

No comments:

Post a Comment