Saturday, August 21, 2010

Michael Bublé

A couple of friends of mine have recently tried to make me listen to some dude named Michael Bublé. Actually they almost forced me. Good thing that I have such great will power. Like Rasmus Seebach, I hate him too. To be honest, I don’t really know that much about him. The things I do know I obviously don’t like. The first thing I learned was that he’s made a cover version of Feeling Good which Muse also did. Muse were probably first. Anyway, I won’t accept it if they weren’t. I’ve also Googled him and I can’t say that I like what I saw. Yuck, he looks like a cream puff stuffed in a suit. When I asked my friends what kind of songs he made, they told me that he pretty much just does covers. I’m missing the good parts about this one. Anyway, since I have yet to listen to a full song he’s made… or covered, I figured I’d let them choose three songs for me to review.



Both friends agreed that his cover of Feeling Good was one of the best songs he’s done, so naturally, this would be the first song I should review. This song in particularly suffers from my prejudiced mind because of the Muse thing. I did some wiki research and the song has basically been covered more times than I can count. I actually had no idea that Eels covered it too. Look at that.
During the entire first verse of the song my face was fixed in a pout. It’s sad to see how he can completely strip the song from emotions when the lyrics are quite strong. I simply don’t understand how he can sing the song so tight when it’s about the complete opposite. I’m wondering if his is always this dull and without any surprising moments. Yeah, I miss Muse. I also hate that little sound he makes before he starts to sing the actual lyrics. However, I must admit that I quite like that stiff walking he does at times. I don’t know why. My friends both argue that the real experience is to watch him perform since that is what he is; a performer. Aside from the funny stiff walking I find the entire performance quite stripped from anything entertaining. The suit, his voice, his face, his hair. My final verdict is that it was incredible dull. I didn’t feel like barfing, though, which I expected.



Next song up is Fever. The story is pretty much the same. It has also been covered by numerous artists. Pussycat Dolls covered both this and Feeling Good. I’m beginning to see a connection.
This song is definitely better than Feeling Good. In my opinion he should completely stay off the high notes when he sings. He just can’t handle those. If he would do that you would almost fail to notice how superficial his performances are. Also, I can’t help but wonder what he would rate himself in sexiness on a scale from 1 to 10. 12 I bet.
All the musicians were probably a good idea. I did spot a couple of them who were rather good looking.



I told my friends that at least one of the songs they chose Bublé should have written himself. Apparently no such thing exists, thus we have to settle with co-written. I found a lyrics version so we can all sing along. It’s going to be super fun!
This is exactly that kind of song you can’t help but to make fun of. Even though I’m sitting alone I’m swaying from side to side, putting a hand on my heart and pointing at nothing when he sings ‘you’. I was right, this is super fun! Let’s be honest. This is not a good song. It’s even more boring than his version of Feeling Good. But it’s pretty easy to sing along to. In some way it reminds me of Westlife, just worse. I would love to say something of great importance at this point but I really can’t. I think he might be at substitute for the boy bands that have failed to deliver in this century. It’s boring, cheesy (not in a good way like Snow Patrol), way too try-hard, and boring. Did I say that already?

To close this in a proper way I think we should all dwell in the beautiful cover Muse did of Feeling Good. Look at that passion. That’s soo hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment