Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Revelation

I guess it started last Christmas. Before I was happily living in the shallow world often referred to as mainstream, but I'm convinced that I've always been an indie deep down. My knowledge in music went no further than what the radio played. And it wasn't even one of the cooler radio stations, no, it was the probably the worst radio station in Denmark. When you try to avoid mainstream, that is. The same radio station now plays every single song Rasmus Seebach has ever made which brings me to tears. You will probably learn more of my profound hate to him in my later posts. 

The problem is that once you step out of the mainstream world there's just no going back. I think it reminds me of some fairy tale but I can't remember which. Instead of being miserable caught between the mainstream and the indie world I decided to go all the way. To do this I of course needed to figure out what it exactly meant to be indie. On Urban Dictionary, which everybody knows is a very reliable source of information, I learned that apparently the most important thing is to think that you are way cooler than everybody around you. And let them know of course. That I should be able to do! An other definition said that you are unable to talk to anybody about your music. Since I have been trying to be indie since Christmas I have already experienced this in a mild degree. But this may also have something to do with me not having any cool friends. If any of you read this, I am so so sorry! Oh, who am I kidding. I probably don't have any friends.

I should probably tell you about some of the non-mainstream things I've been up to lately. Obviously I've been stuffing my iPod with all the cheap indie music i could find. By the way, I got my iPod last Christmas which kind of started this desire. I also attended a festival and since then kind of stopped showering - that's indie, right? I mean, everyone I know showers regularly. Because I kind of live in the dead end of Denmark the concert facilities aren't too good and I'll rather spend my money on Coca Cola than use them on travelling across the country. Shit, that's so mainstream! I'll work on that. Promise. I did see a couple of bands live, though.
Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing; I'm unemployed. To me that sounds so indie! It definitely doesn't make me sound like a loser, that's for sure.

But basically, this blog is my attempt to become a cool indie kid. I know that you probably think that it'll take years after reading this, but that's okay, I can live with that. Oh, and by the way, I'll probably also try to trick you into thinking the music I listen to is way too cool. Actually I'll get started on that one right away.



This is Troels Abrahamsen. I secretly want to marry him even though he already is married and not really the normal target of teenage obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment