Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adapting

After spending a lot of time listening to indie music I decided that it just wasn’t enough. There had to be more to it. Indie people just look awesome. Listening to indie music hasn’t made me look awesome. I needed a friend to help me out of this crisis and I quickly contacted Google.

Apparently being indie doesn’t involve doing a lot of stuff. The thing I am supposed to do, however, I haven’t been doing at all. This is a bit embarrassing. First of all, you’re not even supposed to mention the word indie. Whoops! At one point I was even attacking my surrounding with my creatively invented “indie bumps” It’s pretty easy to do. Basically, you just scream 'Indie bump' and bump different body parts. I’ll spare you the details. Actually, in the light of this discovery, making this blog was major whoops. Instead I’m just going to take this to the next level and say that I’m so indie that I don’t care if this isn’t indie at all. Except I can’t literally say this to people because of the above. Instead of randomly screaming “indie” I should have been name dropping all sorts of indie bands and stuff. I’ll keep that in mind. The word will never again slip from my lips.

Also, playing some sort of instrument should help. Unless playing children songs with the recorder will cut it, I suppose this means I have to begin playing my guitar again. I’ve probably even ditched my recorder. Too many bad memories.

In addition, I should probably dress more indie. I need more flannel and ironic tees. I am currently wearing the same flannel shirt seven days a week. It’ll do for now but someday people might start to notice. I should probably act soon. My most ironic T-Shirt would be my Star Wars T-shirt. This might not sound ironic to you but when I tell you that I’ve only seen the movies a couple of times it probably helps the case. Besides trying to be indie I am also trying to be a geek. Being a geek is actually quite demanding. When I’ve become indie, I will begin project Indie Geek.
This leaves me with the feeling of wanting to grow a beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment