Saturday, September 4, 2010

Indie Friends

I think I’ve figured out why I find it so hard to be truly indie. I’m lacking a group of flannel wearing friends that would sit discussing music and drinking cold beer with me all day. Actually, I’m pretty desperate so I’d probably settle for a couple of times a weeks. Even once a week, if I must. I’m sure being indie would be so much easier if you had someone to keep you on the right track. Just like alcoholics gather in a circle to discuss alcoholic stuff. Maybe that’s exactly what I need. If I could just find a group of five indie people who would sit in a circle with me once a week to talk about indie experiences and prepare me for the obstacles I will face in the real world. After the meeting we would of course listen to an indie song selected by one of the indie people. Probably discuss its indie factor, too. I wonder where I would be able to find such a bunch. They would pretty much have to do it for free since I’m broke, though. But I’m pretty sure everyone indie would absolutely love to sit around talking about indie stuff for a couple of hours. I would probably give them loads of indie confident. I wonder if all words can be used with indie. Indie words. Indie circle. Indie discussion. Indie cheese toast. Wow, I’m pretty sure it can. Let me know if you find some combination that doesn’t work!

This video has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this post. It's just good. Works best in solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment