Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vampires Vs. Zombies

I’ve decided to write a book about zombies. It’s going to be so good that it will be made into a movie and take over whatever hole that has been filled with Twilight. Yes, you heard right. I will do that. I think the world is ready for zombies. Some may argue that this is not indie at all but I swear I read somewhere that Stephanie Meyer is indie. Besides, she must be making a lot of money so I really don’t care.

In a number of ways, zombies really out rule vampires. I shared my plans on Facebook and people immediately turned it into Twilight just replacing the vampires with zombies. The comments quickly developed into a discussion about whether the hot zombie male should be played by Zac Efron or Justin Bieber. Yes, someone even took the trouble of writing a small scene for the film; ‘You're impossibly slow, and rotten. Your skin is pale green and ice cold. Your eyes have no color, and sometimes you speak like – like your brain is decomposing. You never eat or drink anything, that isn't brain. You don't go out in the sunlight.’ This actually made me want to do a zombie parody of Twilight – but then again, someone probably already did. I should probably say that zombies are able to be exposed to direct sunlight (no sparkly stuff) in case any of you got confused.

With all this said, I should probably clarify that I’m not going to make a Twilight parody. It’s probably more like a collection of all the zombie movies I’ve been watching. However, I had some trouble deciding whether the zombies should be the slow or the quick kind. After some serious thinking I think I’ve decided on the slow kind since this gives my main characters a larger chance of survival. I’ll share it with you when I’ve written something. I’m still in the research phase.

I’ve still to decide which band gets to deliver the soundtrack. Someone kind of already took Muse. And Vampire Weekend. And Bon Iver. And OK Go. You get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment