Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Save Me Facebook, Save Me!

These days it seems that you must like Robyn. Yes, I mean the Swedish singer, Robyn. Lately she’s been hard to avoid. Some critics claim that she is the grandest pop act since… forever. Apparently the entire world has agreed to like her and all the radio channels in Denmark play her. That means that I have to listen to her when my sister is listening to radio AND when my parents are. At this point you may have noticed that I’m not really into that. I must say that I think her music and lyrics are extremely dull and her voice even worse. I’ve even read that she is a greater pop act than Justin Timberlake. Duh! Justin Timberlake had the voice, the lyrics, the music AND the movies. And a disco ball and the bad ass attitude to break it! That, my friends, was a good pop act. Uh, yeah, I have the CD. What’s your point?
Normally I wouldn’t sink to the ‘hate post level’ (*cough*) and just join a Facebook group. And this is where to problem occurs; there is… No. Group. I don’t understand how someone famous enough to be called the greatest pop act can get away with not having a hate group on Facebook. This makes me wonder if I’m the only one feeling like this? Am I missing something in her music? I’m puzzled. I’ve considered making me own hate group but then again, I don’t think I want to one of those people who actually MAKES hate groups. Besides, I’m afraid that no one will join it.
Now, I’m off to sing along to Jus… Uh, Death Cab For Cutie, that's right. I’m SO indie.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'll join your group if you make one!
    I really don't like her.. Kinda tired of her boring music..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I had no idea I had a comment. Look at that. My very first comment!
    I think I will try to restrain from actually making a group like that. I would like to think that I'm better than that even though I know I'm not. Well, I'll at least wait for Body Talk Pt. 3.

    ReplyDelete